2.09.2011

What is a "ME" project?

I was asked yesterday what a "me" project looks like. A project that really shows my style as a designer, that I'm proud of, that I just plain love. And I realize that I don't always get to post projects that I am totally in love with here. Sometimes I do, but more recently it has been about design team projects or manufacturer projects, where I try to use a LOT of a specific paper line or a combination of products to highlight, or some kind of challenge layout with specific guidelines. I am rarely left with time to just scrap whatever subject I want, with whatever supplies I want, for as long as I want. Not that I'm complaining - I love the challenges and design teams (and I'm certainly not on as many as some people I know!) and all the other work that comes my way. But in the course of all of this, it is easy to lose that certain "me-ness" that made all of this enjoyable in the first place.

SO.

Here are some projects that are "ME" that I love:



LOVE bright, happy colors!



Spritzes are a new fave of mine.



Love the wonky color combos.



Pages with humor.



Movement in layouts that keep your eye happy.



Exploring layers and not just in-the-album layouts.



Paper vomit. But good vomit.



Pretty, girly, soft pages.





Sometimes simple pages.



Pages with no photos. All about the everyday-ness of life's memories.



Hand-made mini albums.



Projects out of the ordinary day to day stuff. Yup, that's a brie container.



And that's an embroidery hoop.



Sometimes projects with no purpose other than to be pretty.



And the big challenges, like making bouquets from scratch paper. The white lilies are my fave!

So that gives you a little glimpse into my personal style and the types of projects I just love to get into. Of course, in ten years I'll probably look back at these and say, "What was I thinking!?!" but for now they make my happy.

7 comments:

Frances said...

Wowee! These are super...I love your style!!

scrappingmabel said...

Britt
stumbled on your blog and what a find!!!I just love your style and wish my pages looked like yours!!!
You truly are a talented lady.Really enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to your posts Sandra

Wendy said...

Very talented indeed. Love your work!

Queenie said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in love with these!!! I just saved EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Mary B said...

Wow I love all your pages you have great style bright and striking, with lots to see on each page.
It hard to choose a favourite from them all, but as I am a fan of White Space think So in Love with my guy just get my vote

Heather said...

they are indeed wonderful pages & projects! so colourful & happy :)))

Mary Hamer said...

Absolutely stunning pages. I love your style....so crisp, clean, and bright! Very inspiring!
xoxo
mary