5.30.2010

Hi ho hi ho it's off to Winters we go!



Going out to "the house" as we've been calling it these days - soon to be calling it "our house" if everything goes through as planned.

We've got a ton of work to do just to ensure it appraises for the value we need it at to get financing. So basically, we want to get it just nice enough that it appraises for the amount of financing we need, but not so nice that it raises any red flags.

Picture all the green areas in the photo above filled with 6' tall weeds and that's what we've got going for us. Eric bought all these fancy attachments for the weed wacker and since he just about died of hayfever five minutes ago doing the 5' patch of weeds in our backyard at the rental, guess who volunteered to tackle them at "the house?" Yeah. Wacking down weeds taller than I am. That's love.



This is what I can't wait to make a path to. That'll be my studio. That is, as soon as we clear out the chicken poopies and refinish the entire thing... Oh, but I can just see it!!

I should mention also that the shit brown color of the house is the first thing to go. ICK. Since Eric nearly vommed at the mention of a kind of pale buttery yellow with white trim, I'm thinking a super pale warm side of grey with accents of navy and white might work. I dunno, what do you think? Any suggestions? I'm open, and I love paint swatches.

2 comments:

laterg8r said...

oooooooooooo, love the new studio in it's own little house :D

i'm partial to charcoal grey houses with white trim :D

DeeDee said...

Just had to say I stumbled onto your blog tonight, and I'm loving it. :) I think the grey and navy sounds lovely.