5.24.2010

Sloth and Gluttony

Coffee with vanilla chai creamer and a mini cheesecake with cherry topping. All necessary food groups present and accounted for. This is just the way to start a Monday, if you ask me. Oh, what? You didn't ask me? Well then fine, have some oatmeal and black coffee - go ahead and have a crappy day, while you're at it. Start the day sweet, have a sweet day. It just makes sense. So what if you have a little sugar crash half-way through. That's what coffee's for.

Anywho, today is the day that I veto going to the grocery store. I just can't make myself leave the house. In order to do that I'd have to take a shower and wash my hair. Then I'd have to straighten it, and if you know me, you know how long that takes. And then after that my arms would be limp and lifeless and in no shape to push one of those oversized Winco carts around anyway. Plus there's the fact that I'd be shopping at Winco, and that's never fun, and sometimes it's just downright scary. I'm just not tall enough to risk pissing off a woman with 5 kids shoved in the cart with three more behind her, knocking cans of soup off the shelves. Nope. Not tall enough and definitely not fast enough. So yeah, I just veto that. I get to do that every once in a while.

Today is the day to not make the bed. It's a day for watching season 5 disk 2 of Dawson's Creek while hand-sewing little blossoms for the hex quilt that may never be done. It's a day for eating the remaining two mini cheesecakes because Eric said he didn't like them. Did I ever tell you he doesn't like cream cheese? Is that the weirdest thing you've ever heard? Yeah, I thought so too.



I've got a ton of projects to finish up, for both work and pleasure. Projects like this which were supposed to be quick and easy, but which my bronde brain sometimes has issues with. It's like I can't let myself off easy, I must complicate the hell out of it. And yes, bronde is a word.



I also need to finish up this little ditty, who's use will be far more necessary in the coming months. You'll find out more about that later.

Okay, it's off to do a little light housekeeping to justify a day of relative sloth and gluttony.
Hopefully disk 3 shows up today...

3 comments:

beckyjune said...

Britt, I've missed you! You amuse me so much and I love coming to visit your blog because it just makes me smile, like I can actually hear you talking when I read your words. Hey, if he doesn't like the cheesecake it just means there's more for you, right? Silly man, doesn't he know what the good stuff is? Your projects are gorgeous and I think I'd stay away from Winco, too. We don't have them here in Texas so it's been a few years but there are some pretty scary people who frequented the ones in Boise ☺ I hope that you have a sweet day!!

jan metcalf said...

Bronde is my word too!! :) Good luck with the house, a good studio is very important!

rapidfiregurl said...

Hi Britt,

This is Lacey from the scrap store in Napa. I was wondering...do you have photos of the "My Great Full List" mini album that you did? Other then the ones you have on your blog? If you could e-mail me that would be awesome!