8.31.2009

Lots of snipping and randomness

How about the randomness first? I agree...

It's Monday. And on Mondays all I want to do is pretend it's still Sunday. Or better yet, Saturday, because when you think about Sunday it's almost as depressing as thinking about Monday. The impending doom a Sunday brings me is is almost as bad as the day before a big final. You know the feeling like, "Ohmygod... I forgot to study about the life cycle of the tse tse fly. It's a english lit final, but you never know..." That's how I feel about Mondays. You just never know.

SO to bring some balance to this hectic day, I introduce to you a book full of fun little facts: Everything You Pretend to Know and Are Afraid Someone Will Ask by Lynette Padwa



This book is cute. It is informative. It is full of all the random things that you do in fact pretend to know, but for the most part, don't. It is perfect for the bathroom. In the bath, I mean. Girls don't poop...as we all know...it's in the book...

Here is a little tidbit:
CAN YOU GET ALL THE VITAMINS YOU NEED FROM A BOWL OF CEREAL?
Technically, yes. But if the rest of your diet is unhealthy it won't do you much good.
Let's start with the RDAs - Recommended Dietary Allowances - that cereal boxes list. These are estimates, very broad estimates, of the amounts of essential nutrients a healthy person needs. RDAs are not specific targets everyone must meet. RDAs are not minimal daily requirements; they aren't required allowances at all. They are simply guidelines. Even if you get substantially less of a nutrient than the amount listed on the cereal box, you won't necessarily suffer from a nutritional defeciency.
In fact, unless you have a very restricted diet, you're probably getting all the vitamins and minerals you need in the food you regularly eat. Getting your vitamins this way is better than getting them in cereal (or pill) form because each type of food contains elements that maximize the body's ability to absorb the nutrients it provides. Besides, vitamins and minerals are not the only ingredients that keep a body running smoothly. Fiber, carbohydrates, protein, and other substances are also essential. Some cereals are a good source of fiber; others are a cheap thrill of artificial flavoring and sugar. But no matter how ultrafortified your cereal is, your entire diet must be balanced and relatively healthy. If it is and you can't face the morning without your Trix, go for it. It's a cereal, not a vaccination."
What I heard was,"Technically, yes." Bring on the Lucky Charms!

So, I ate my LCs this morning, and loved them. Now here's a little greeting card I did a couple of weeks ago. Another project with that Doodlebug paper. LOVE IT!! PS: when you trim like this, don't feel like you have to use tiny scissors. I use my Queen Bees, and they work better than any other set I have. Of course, they are now apparently discontinued, so good luck finding a pair...







Thanks for looking. Oh, and be prepared for some changes in this place of blabbing. I've been boring myself lately, so we'll see if I can't shake things up a bit!

No comments: